"safety travelling by bus..." Top 5 Page for this destination Brazil Transportation Tip by mangueirense
Brazil Transportation: 130 reviews and 93 photos
I would say that it is not dangerous travelling by bus in Brazil, ....even if we hear sometimes about some exclusions....but of course you should take some security-precautions even here:
- as most of the buses does make a little break of between 15-30 minutes every 2-3 hours at big stations/combined usually with huge supermarkets/lanchonetes to get new fuel and resting time for the passengers, I would recommend you -if you go outside the bus to go to the toilet or to eat something- to take all your important belongings with you, like your handbag with money, passport, credit-cards, tickets, etc....never let this things alone in the bus, because there's always a good chance that someone in the same bus -or maybe another person- noticed that you are a tourist and sometimes they try to take this things away...
- make sure that you have the bus-number of your bus (usually they have a little sign with the bus number and destination on the window in front) in mind or notice it,...because usually they are a lot of buses making their stop at this stations, and sometims it is a little difficult to find the right bus again, especially at night!
- would recommend you to only take your handbag with the most important belongings (money, ticket, passport, credit card, camera, etc.) with you inside the bus, ...your other luggage like suitcase or backpack give to the driver to put it in the luggage-case under the bus...this place is probably the safest for your baggage during the journey, because when you want to get your baggage back you have usually to give the little paper with a number back to the driver he gaves you when he received your luggage...so normally no other person than the driver or you can take the luggage away there..
More Transportation in Brazil (9)
More Reviews (38)
- See All Accomodations in Brazil-3.
- See All Infectious rhythms -Musica Brasileira
- See All Brazilian habits...;-)
- See All Havaianas...
mangueirense's Related Pages
Have you been to Brazil?Share Your Travels