"List of "must-see" temples in Bagan" Myanmar (Burma) Things to Do Tip by lenoreva
Myanmar (Burma) Things to Do: 464 reviews and 930 photos
If you only have 1 day in Bagan, you shouldn't miss these temples:
Bupaya: Said to be one of the oldest monuments, and here you have a nice view of the river Ayeyarwady.
Ananda Phato - Has a lovely courtyard and interesting Buddha statues
Manuha Paya - farther away from the other temples but worth the trip. Huge reclining buddha who seems very cramped as he hardly fits into the space - very claustrophobic!
Shwesandaw Paya - This is a very popular sunset viewing spot since you can climb on it - a "no-no" at most other temples. Get there early to stake out your spot! The picture shows the view from Shwesandaw of the surrounding temples at dusk - beautiful!
COST: you pay a $10 fee to enter the Bagan Archaelological zone.
More Things to Do in Myanmar (Burma) (3)
More Reviews (23)
- See All Bago
- See All Hey - we are also a tourist attraction!
- See All Thanakha
- See All Shopping for handicrafts in Yangon
- See All Want to see the "Long-necked" women?
- The best Thai food in Burma
- See All Money, Money, Money!
- If you can't live without nightlife -...
- See All Film and Photo equipment
- See All Accommodation in Yangon
- If you plan a mix of inland...
Been to Myanmar (Burma)?Share your travels with the world!
lenoreva's Related Pages
Have you been to Myanmar (Burma)?Share Your Travels