Saffron Indian Restaurant: "Indian ~ Punjabi food" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Restaurant Tip by Audrey118

Kuala Lumpur Restaurants: 977 reviews and 1,623 photos

my friend ready to dig in!!!
by Audrey118

We loved eating northern Indian food, and there are many to choose from in Kuala Lumpur. Saffron Restaurant is a suburban restaurant, about 5 minutes drive from my home. I took my colleagues and his family there for a treat.

It is rather an old establishment, owned by Billy - I think he used to be a MAS crew, and his mother does most of the cooking. Prices here are reasonable, portions are not big, so you can order plenty

They are closed on Sundays!!!

Favorite Dish: When you are seated they will take your drink orders. If you are game, try their lassi drinks - they are yoghurt type of drinks fruit flavoured. Meanwhile they will give you some finger snacks - free on the house. It is usually fried papadam crackers and comes with a minty yoghurt dip.

For starters - i usually have their mini chicken drummetes- wing fried and small fish cakes - koftas.

For chicken dish - the best would be their Murgh special, they are bite sized chicken pieces cooked in spices - a little spicy and delicious as opposed to butter chicken and other curreid chicken dishes.

I also liked simple fried fish with dhal, and also liked their dry lamb dish. There are lots of vegetable dishes i love here, my favourite would be spinach dish, then I also liked their potatoes with tomatoes and chilli, and also if they have on daily special their pumpkin dish. I do not mind the egg plant dish.

My favourite of all things here would be eating bread - esplly barhuta bread - and garliclly ones !!!!

Address: 5 Jalan Sri Hartamas 7, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: opposite to the Petronas petrol kiosk - third shop from the end lot
Phone: 62011375
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 0
Theme: Indian

• Written Feb 21, 2003

Audrey118 Lives Here!

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?