"Watch the Hang Gliders at Fort Funston" S.F. Views Tip by guell
S.F. Views, San Francisco: 38 reviews and 28 photos
Favorite thing: We love coming to Fort Funston for the short hikes and for the scenery. Hang gliders soar back and forth on the air currents rising off the cliffs, and they come so close that we can actually make out the pilots? faces!
Fort Funston is also popular with dog owners because it is one of the few places that dog owners have official permission to let their dogs off the leash.
The winds that give the hang gliders lift also tend to make it a bit cold, so bring a jacket just in case!
The Fort Funston parking area is just off Skyline Boulevard (Route 35) just south of John Muir Drive.
More Reviews (20)
- Your San Francisco Home Away From Home
- See All Bernal Heights - View of The City form...
- See All Holidays-Independence Day
- See All Ferry-to Sausalito and Larkspur
- Farmers Market
- See All American-The Best Hamburgers in Town,...
- See All Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker Factory...
- Cable Car turn-around at Powell Street
- You won't want to leave
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
guell's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels