"Great Singapore Sale!" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Packing List Tip by bpacker
Singapore What to Pack: 68 reviews and 26 photos
Luggage and bags: Come every June/ July, there is a giant sale across the country. Many shops offer hige discount for their wares but the real bargains are actually found outside of Orchard Road. Try shopping at the Marina Bay Area instead ...
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Forget about wearing your old sundress and socks with sandals all the time. The locals here are quite well-dressed albeit on the casual side. Lots of places over here are also notoriously over "air-conditioned " ( yes, even on public buses ) .
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Singapore is clean to the point of being sterile. No need to worry about topical diseases save the ever present mosquito in places where there is dense vegetation ( parks, beaches, etc )
Photo Equipment: Buy all your camera equipment here. Try the shops at Far East Plaza. I learnt a major lesson - tried to purchase a Sony memory stick in Norway only to find out it was triple the price over there!
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Beach - No nudity allowed. A Jap chef was once arrested for bathing in the buff.
Miscellaneous: Plastic - most major credit cards are accepted here. The island is also littered with lots of atms even at odd places like hdb shops. all atms have the cirrus facility so you won't have to hunt around.
More Reviews (139)
- See All Singaporeans love Seasonal Festivals
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Where to eat Swiss Fondue in Singapore
- See All Best Place in Town to Down a Sake
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All Tweety, the Fortune Teller
- See All From Singapore to Pulau Ubin
- See All The History Museum is now at Riverside...
- See All Visit the World's Famous Open Concept...
- Merlion @ Sentosa and Esplanade
Been to Singapore?Share your travels with the world!
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels