"Finally, this is what I call sharing" Top 5 Page for this destination Sharing Tip by richiecdisc

Sharing, Machu Picchu: 5 reviews and 5 photos

letting it all hang out the last night
by richiecdisc

Fondest memory: To be fair, the weather was awful on the trip and surely added to the air of discontent amongst the group. Still, we all tried as best we could to fit together and I certainly made an effort to talk to everyone as for me traveling is as much fun in meeting other travelers as it is to see the countries you are visiting. By the fourth day of the trek, everyone was ready to let loose with a little steam release. With Machu Picchu looming early the next morning and the most modern campsite of the trip secured, everyone enjoyed some creature comforts missing for a few days. You could take showers, buy snacks, even beer. I had arrived early in the afternoon with Doreen as we had forgone some ruins, having seen more than enough over the previous three days. We enjoyed a couple beers and were in great humor by the time the others arrived. The dinner party was a blast, with everyone making amends and generally having a great time. I had been thinking of buying this big round of beers ever since I was given a small glass of wine the first day, and finally I would get my chance. I paid the cashier gladly and made my way back to the table, juggling the bottles as best I could. Finally, I would get to show what I called sharing.

• Written Feb 25, 2003

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Machu Picchu?