"Halloween on Santa Monica Blvd" Seasonal Events Tip by blaird

Seasonal Events, Los Angeles: 20 reviews and 47 photos

My girlfriend and I
by blaird

Well, This is the Carnival of West Hollywood. Almost everyone that attends dresses up somehow on this day, on this street. It is great for people watching and checking out the crazy and creative costumes.

If you don't know West Hollywood, it is a heavily gay area, so for many of them this is their Prom Night. Whether you are gay or straight, it is a good time to check this event out, some crazy things occur. I went with my girlfriend this year and she was pretty amazed, and sometimes shocked at what she saw.

I remember a conversation with my friend here a couple years ago. He was saying to me, "There are a ton of pretty women here, I just don't know which ones are straight." At the same time, two guys were talking behind me and one said, "There are so many pretty men here, I just don't know which ones are gay."

As the night wears on, this area gets really crowded and can get pretty risque. If you don't like very heavy sexual inuendo, try to leave before 10:30 PM. This is when it starts getting really crowded and many of the parties start hitting the street.

There are parts of the street, later in the evening, that it gets so crowded you can't really control where you are walking. There are bands playing on two or three different areas of the street and many street performances, like psychedelic music, dancing, and there is also food sold on the street.

Address: West Hollywood
Directions: Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood

• Updated Oct 19, 2005

Comments

Have you been to Los Angeles?