Sodini: "Not as Good as it Once Was" Sodini?s Green Valley Restaurant Tip by cjg1

Tortellini alla panna

Tortellini alla panna
      Cheese Ravioli with Meat Sauce
  • Not as Good as it Once Was - San Francisco

This is a small place I am told is only known by the locals. Although it seems to be becoming slightly more popular. It is half bar and half restaurant. This is a place I frequent nearly every time I am in town. I have brought all my out of town guests I have come to San Francisco here with. It is that good. And if you can get one of the tables by the windows it would be a great place to have a nice dinner for two.

After coming here for years I had grown accustomed to the food here always being outstanding especialy my favorite; the Tortellini alla panna. I just recently had dinner here with my wife during a January 2011. I was eagerly anticipating having the same wonderful food I had always experienced here.

We were seated at a nice table for two by the window. We both ordered some Stella Artois to drink and place our dinner order. I chose my favorite Tortellini alla panna and Liz went with the Ravioli in meat sauce. I can honestly say my dish was alright not good, not great. After two ravioli's Liz called it quits on her meal. She was not happy with the Ravioli or the sauce. MAybe after all these years the chef has changed, or it has become too touristy...I don't know but I am saddened by it.

Address: 565 Green Street
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On Green between Columbus and Grant.
Phone: 415 291 0499
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://northbeachbusinessassociation.com/site/eat-drink/sodinis-green-valley-restaurant/

• Updated Jan 24, 2011

Comments

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to San Francisco?