"Live Entertainment" Virgilina Favorite Tip by b1bob

Virgilina General: 24 reviews and 52 photos

Live Entertainment
by b1bob

Fondest memory: You get any size crowd together, you get all kinds. This is true even in a small place like Virgilina. There was this one woman who was so ugly, you have heard of an ingrown toenail, well, this woman had an ingrown FACE. I didn't take a photo of her lest she MELT my camera.

In the past, the music played at this celebration was mainly country, bluegrass, and some classic rock (pre-Beatles). This year, the organisers unwisely tried to be all things to all people. For example, I never thought I would hear "Dancing Queen" (or anything else by ABBA) sung (or even hummed) in Virgilina. Besides that, they played some newer rock and some beach music (I'm not just talking Beach Boys here, friends and neighbours). The only thing that wasn't played from this stage was classical, opera and rap. I suspect that if any one of those were attempted, folks would throw rotten produce at the stage.

• Updated Feb 9, 2003

Comments

b1bob Visits Here Frequently!

b1bob

Have you been to Virgilina?