"First time in Austria - Vorarlberg" Austria Favorite Tip by rickyvilla81

Austria General: 282 reviews and 255 photos

Fondest memory: My first Austrian experience was spending two weeks on a work experience programme here at Expo-Norm, the most boring office in the world, when I was fifteen. It was in Dornbirn, up in the Vorarlberg, one of the most beautiful mountain regions. I had the most amazing view to look at from my window - which was about all there was for me to do. Still it was my first real experience of a European country and I've never lost the taste (even in Charleroi!). Wonderful milk. That's what sticks in my mind. It was October, the skies were purple and golden, and the snow fell on the mountains during the fornight I was there. We walked through to Lech, the famous ski resort, one day. Bregenz itself is small and quiet, but adorable in its own way, except for the fact its McDonalds is miles out of town - a bad thing, in my opinion. there is an amuzing town nearby called Hard, and another called Egg. Bregenz is in between, i like to think it is Schwyzerdytsch (the local dialect) for Boiled.

• Updated Nov 22, 2002

More General in Austria (1)

“who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?”

Have you been to Austria?