"The statue to Ban Josip Jelacic" Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Jelacic Square -Trg Bana Jelacica Tip by croisbeauty
Ban Jelacic Square -Trg Bana Jelacica, Zagreb: 54 reviews and 102 photos
The statue of Croatian viceroy Josip Jelacic was dismantling and removal under the Communist government. In 1991the statue was put back in place.
First the statue was situated on a different spot and turned towards Hungary, because the viceroy Josip Jelacic was chief of the command of the Austrian army which has succesfuly suffocated revolt of the Hungarians, at that time the part of K und K monarchy.
Check in enclousure the old photo of Zagreb dating from the end of 19th century, it shows where the moument stood at that time.
The statue is work of Antun Dominik Fernkom, from 1866.
Address: Trg bana J.Jelacica
More Reviews (229)
- See All 06.02.16. Chinese New Year in Zagreb
- See All Chinese New Year in Zagreb
- See All When Zagreb go crazy
- See All Old bike as a bilboard
- See All Rent a city bike
- See All Among top 5 restaurants in Croatia
- See All Gornji grad - Gradec - Gric
- See All Kaptolska kurija - Kaptol nr. 2
- See All Climate in Zagreb
- See All Youngsters like it alot
- See All The statue of August Senoa
- See All This is not a trap tip
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Have you been to Zagreb?Share Your Travels