"John Wayne" Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Local Custom Tip by spintobecca
Kodiak Local Customs: 30 reviews and 29 photos
If you take a drive out to Whitesands Beach (which if you spend any time in Kodiak: YOU WILL) enjoy the trip on out and don't forget to look for the John Wayne on your left. Kodiak is generally free of graffiti, but this piece is so tasteful it's been left for everyone to enjoy. Apparently, it was painted by John Pruitt, who attended Kodiak High School (the only high school) and was later re-touched when he returned to island to teach. In addition, there used to be an armchair stuck way up in a tree, but it was taken down in the mid 1980s. John Wayne is on the second to last bend on your way.
More Reviews (40)
- See All Pillar Mountain: Your bread and butter
- See All Medical Facility: May you never have to...
- See All Not a dry town: Liquor available
- See All Sign to watch for when accessing Buskin...
- See All Small Poodles = Tasty Nuggets
- See All Anton Larson Bay
spintobecca's Related Pages
Have you been to Kodiak?Share Your Travels