"Schwabing" Top 5 Page for this destination Schwabing - Leopoldstrasse Tip by Henkster
Schwabing - Leopoldstrasse, Munich: 6 reviews and 6 photos
Schwabing is often called the "Latin Quarter of Munich". It used to be home to many famous artists, like painters, writers and sculpturers. Nowadays it is also very studenty, because of the LMU, Munich's university, which is home to approx. 80,000 students.
The main boulevard is called Leopoldstrasse, which is full of bars, restaurants, cafes and nightlife spots and very busy on weekends.
The architecture in Schwabing is also impressive, much of the original buildings have been preserved or rebuilt.
Directions: North of the Old Town, easy to reach by U-Bahn (U3 + U6).
More Things to Do in Munich (30)
More Reviews (67)
- See All Irish Pubs in Schwabing
- See All One of the best Bavarian restaurants
- See All Beautiful cute house right at...
- See All Big Shopping Malls in Munich
- See All Lehel district
- See All Munich trade fair - the most modern in...
- See All Public transport and Airport -both are...
- See All Christmas Market on Marienplatz
- See All Munich is a sports city
- Traffic is heavy but public transport is...
- cant really say...
- Get your tix in advance
Henkster's Related Pages
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels