"Stop at all the brew pubs and..." Maine Favorite Tip by kgbheat

Maine General: 115 reviews and 142 photos

Favorite thing: Stop at all the brew pubs and lighthouses along the coast. Numerous sites to see.

Fondest memory: The people in Maine made the trip worth while. I met many pople all were very nice. funny thing happened though. I stopped at the Belhurst Brewery (RT 1), tried the beer talked with the owner. He said that he had trouble with the previous brewer, gave his name etc.. and we left. We kept driving down the coast and eventually stopped in an out of the way bar in Rockland to ask about a place to eat. I started asking the girl next to me about the beer I was drinking(Rocky Bay Brewing Co.) She said 'want to meet the owner'. She leaned back and introduced me to the owner sitting next to her. Very nice guy from New York, talked to him about N.Y. and the beer. He says 'want to meet the brewer'. Owner leans back and introduces me to the brewer. Also a nice guy from Long Island, N.Y. While I'm talking to him he tells me he use to be a brewer at Belhurst Brewery, but had difference's with the owner and left. He tells me his name and it's the same guy the owner of the Belhurst Brewery was talking about. Small world, true story.

• Written Aug 24, 2002