Singgahsana Hotel: "Convenient Before The Flight" Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Hotel Tip by lmkluque

Asia Hotels: 104 reviews and 100 photos

MALAYSIA
by lmkluque

Malaysia The Singgahsana Hotel in Malaysia, is the hotel Sri stayed in before going back to Jakarta. We drove her to the hotel and she invited us in to see her room, have lunch at the buffet and to sit by the pool after.

The room was high up the tower and there was a nice view. Two double beds filled most of the space. The room was clean and the air-con worked. As I remember, the colors were a cool array of blues and greens, which appealed to me.

The buffet in the restaurant was smaller than in other hotels I'd been in, but the flavor of the food was fantastic and though the choices were fewer, they were the best.

The unusual aspect to this afternoon--to me--was the fact that we all stayed at the hotel for the whole afternoon and later on even more of the family arrived to visit by the pool.

Unique Qualities: This seemed just like any Western hotel I'd been in. Everything was clean and decorated nicely.

The pool area had been made to look like an Island Paradise. The "cabana" bar offered alcohol, but we chose sodas and juices. The kids jumped in the pool and played for hours while the adults sat on lounge chairs relaxing and talking.

Just outside the manicured grounds surrounding the pool, I saw Malaysia's natural landscape and the contrast pointed out the difference between "controled" growth and nature's whim.

The air was hot and humid and one advantage I became aware of, was the fact that the thousands of flies milling around, were also effected by the heat. They flew slowly and didn't bother us. A Miracle, I thought.

Address: Persiaran Barat, 46760 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Off Jalan Sultan, not far from the Subang airport in Kuala Lumpur.
Phone: 03-7956 2100
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.singgahsana.com/

• Updated Aug 18, 2004

Comments

lmkluque

“Assume Good Intent”