Cafe Hawelka: "a typical Wiener Kaffeehaus" Top 5 Page for this destination Café Leopold Hawelka Tip by globetrott
Café Leopold Hawelka, Vienna: 13 reviews and 14 photos
Hawelka is a typical Kaffeehaus in Vienna and generations of students came here to "study".
And a "Wiener Kaffeehaus" does not necessarily mean that you will get there just Coffe and cakes but it is a sort of " living in public " having coffee, lots of glasses of fresh water ( free of charge and taken to the table without a bad word ), taste the famous " Buchteln " shortly after midnight and you will get lunch and dinner there as well.
Favorite Dish: And in a Kaffehaus like Hawelka there are 5 or 6 chairs around a table that would take 4 chairs in any other restaurant.
And you can take as many seats as you need, but EVERY empty seat might be taken by somebody else and that way you get company easily...
I know some people who spent the whole days of their student-live here in Hawelka...
Address: Dorotheergasse 6, +43 1 5128230
Directions: Cafe Hawelka is at the end of Dorotheagasse, almost at Graben.
Phone: +43 1 5128230
More Restaurants in Vienna (17)
More Reviews (184)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All Palais Liechtenstein
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels