"Dr.Sigmund Freud Museum and medical practice" Top 5 Page for this destination museums Tip by globetrott
museums, Vienna: 29 reviews and 69 photos
In Berggasse 19 ( close to Univerity and Votivirche ) you may visit Sr.Sigmund Freud's medical practice. Dr.Freud left Vienna in 1938 and went to London,
where he died.In 1971 the rooms of the former practice were turned into a museum and Anna Freud gave plenty of private belongings,pictures and furnitures to the museum as a donation.
So you may see Freud's famous Sofa and other personal belongings, you may see a video of 20 minutes about the founder of the psychoanalysis.
The Freud-Museum is on the 1st floor of a private building and you will have to ring the bell at the house-entrance to get the door open and once again you have to ring the bell, when you enter the medical practice.
the museum is open daily 09.00 a.m. - 05.00 p.m.
(and July till september even till 06.00 p.m.)
5 Euro entrance-fee and you will get a big booklet
with infos in German,English,French,Italian and Spanish
and Audioguides in German and English
When standing on the Ringstraße in front of Votivkirche -
take " Währingerstraße " on the right of Votivkirche
Berggasse will be the 5th street to the right
Address: various museums
More Off The Beaten Path in Vienna (45)
More Reviews (156)
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All Palais Liechtenstein
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels