"If the wall could talk, what a story it would be." Top 5 Page for this destination Page Off The Beaten Path Tip by Grazina
Page Off The Beaten Path: 34 reviews and 64 photos
Page is known for being the "hub" or the resting place for our visitor that come to the Southwest. Just right outside of Page 2 or 3 miles off the mesa is the Glen Canyon Dam, and below on the south side of this dam is the upper Colorado River where you can take a raft trip...half or full day depends on you.
In canyon below are trails where you can find writing on the walls.
Prehistoric rock art can be found throughout the desert Southwest. Rock art is usually divided into two main types, based on how the figures were made. Pictographs are images painted using natural pigments. Petroglyphs are images pecked into a rock surface using a sharp stone or other implement. The one you see in this picture, petroglyphs.
More Off The Beaten Path in Page (16)
More Reviews (70)
- See All Sounds super I think you will enjoy
- See All Come & tour an awesome canyon in...
- See All May of the Grand Circle
- See All Don't mention the word BOMB.
- See All The Making of a Park
- See All REZ ball is what we call it.
- See All Soar above Page/LakePowell
- See All Dress for the occasion.
- See All Butchering a yearly sheep
- See All All the Hotels, Motels, B&B, and...
- See All All you can eat for one price.
Been to Page?Share your travels with the world!
Grazina's Related Pages
Have you been to Page?Share Your Travels