"Dispelling Swedish Social Myths" Göteborg Local Custom Tip by Todd64
Göteborg Local Customs: 43 reviews and 33 photos
Okedoke, we all know the rumour that Swedes are cold and unapproachable but I'm here to tell you that this is merely gossip, probably started by their jealous, less attractive neighbors to the South.
Believe it or not, Swedes are an extremely social people so scattered literally everywhere in Göteborg are picnic tables with either benches or chairs for everyone to use, and this is where I met quite a few people simply by sitting down with a coffee. Yes, it's true; most people in Göteborg walk around expressionless, but the minute you say "Hej" their faces light up with a giant smile and they become most pleasant to talk with.
My suggestion for making friends while in Göteborg? Make the first move. You'll be very glad you did. ;o)
More Reviews (46)
- See All Try the Tram or board a Bus
- See All Surviving The Semla Scrummage
- See All Pop In For A Pint
- See All Luscious Licorice Muffins
- See All Beauty Near Brunnsparken
- See All The Lay Of The Land
- See All Go For A Walk
- See All Looking Up And Around
- See All The Tourism Information Office
- The Cross we all must bear
- Gothia Cup: The World Youth Cup
Been to Göteborg?Share your travels with the world!