"New Life" Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo Things to Do Tip by zrim

San José del Cabo Things to Do: 17 reviews and 38 photos

only minutes old
by zrim

Got up at dawn the last day and took a walk along the beach. I suddenly realized that the beach in front of me was moving. Dozens of little black creatures were struggling in and out of cavernous foot prints desperately trying to make their way to the soothing sea.

I stood and watched in astonsihment, my mouth agape. More and more of the little turtles were breaking through the sand barrier of their nest and attempting the urgent journey. But what a journey. These guys are small. A dozen or so fit in a person's hand. This sand is extremely course and malleable. The footprints left by people and dogs are gargantulan as compared to the little turtles. They would slip into a footprint, get turned over on their back, right themselves, crawl up the side of the print only to be confronted by more and more footprints. It was exhausting work. But they made it. They are relentless.

This was an overwhelming experience and probably made the whole trip worthwhile, especially since it was an unexpected occurance that I only got to see because I dragged myself out of bed early in the morning for the purpose of seeing what there was to see.

• Written Feb 25, 2003

More Things to Do in San José del Cabo (1)

“I'm thirsty”

Have you been to San José del Cabo?