"Somerset House" Somerset House Tip by KennetRose
Somerset House, London: 34 reviews and 94 photos
People still often think of Somerset House as the home of the Registrar General, but that function was moved long ago to St Catherine's House. Since then it has been home to a number of unloved government institutions, though the most likely reason for a visit is because it is home to the Courtauld Institute of Art, and because of the outdoor skating in the courtyard in December and January.
Apart from the Courtauld Institute, which was a college of the University of London until recently and is now an independent academic instituion, the building is one of London's most splendid examples of neo-classical architecture.
Address: The Strand, WC2
Directions: Temple tube
Phone: +44 (0)20 7845 4600
More Things to Do in London (32)
More Reviews (86)
- See All Europe's smallest capital city?
- See All High class bar for the Portobello Set
- See All London - a personal reflection
- See All Driving in London
- See All Something cool and special (allegedly)
- See All If you can't get no Satisfaction here...
KennetRose's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels