"Parisian architecture" Architecture Tip by OrlandoBR
Architecture, Paris: 25 reviews and 45 photos
Favorite thing: Maybe one of the reasons for everybody to think Paris is such a beautiful city is the fact that its characteristic buildings are so extravagant that they could be a section of a palace.
In the past, before they were divided in separated apartments, people owned the entire buildings. They lived in what was called a "hotel particulier".
Of course there were no elevators, which were later introduced and forced to fit wherever possible, and that explains why today they are so small and scary in Paris.
More Reviews (67)
- See All The quare on the tip of Ile de la Cité
- See All Monstrous faces at Pont Neuf
- See All Le Penseur n'est pas là
- See All Ponies in Versailles
- See All World Cup Final at the airport??
- See All "Service compris"
OrlandoBR's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels