"Your Burma Border Crossing...." Top 5 Page for this destination Mae Sai Tourist Trap Tip by BorderHopper
Mae Sai Tourist Traps: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Crossing the border from Mae Sai, Thailand to the Burmese town of Tachilek in Myanmar is very easy. Just be careful not to get suckered in by the touts.Those touts are waiting for you and there isn't much to see...but at least you'll get that Myanmar stamp for your passport!
Unique Suggestions: Don't expect to see the real Myanmar.....hey, you are getting off cheap and you can at least say you've been to Burma.
Fun Alternatives: Disneyland, Ho Chi Minh City Municiple Water Park, Tijuana,etc.
More Reviews (33)
- See All Rain Gear For Those South East Asian...
- See All Burmese Pagoda With View of Mae Sai
- See All You don't see the monks walking around...
- See All Japanese owned budget accommodation
- See All Mother Earth
- See All You Never Know Where a Road Will Lead...
- See All Fishing, Thai Style!
- See All Sidewalk Buffet On the Streets of Mae...
- See All Renting a Honda Motorbike in Mae Sai
- A shoppers paradise
- Opium Fields and Burmese Soldiers
- Find the river & you'll find your beer!