Lafite: "Top French Restaurant in Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Restaurant Tip by Audrey118

Kuala Lumpur Restaurants: 977 reviews and 1,623 photos

just bread !!!!
by Audrey118

The restaurant last year went for a couple million bucks refurbishment. Gone are all those baroque stuff - it is much lighter - using a very famous interior design who did some big names restaurant in New York.

Here you acn eat top French food at a fraction of whatyou paid in New York - watch out for their promotions. You have to be regular to know what is coming on - they usually feature some famous chef from a famous restaurant. I have ate desserts created by Jacqeus Torres and it was fun meeting him in person.

Otherwise it is a place to eat for a romantic evening out.

Favorite Dish: Take the degustation at RM220 - many courses but well worth the money - and if you cannot finish - pass it to your partner - they usually can empty your plate easily.

The degustation has everything small portion sof the a la carte menu - but the menu changes often depending on seasonal offerings.

My last dinner there was to say adios to an Aussie mate who was leaving after 10 years in Asia. For starters I had soup - pumkin soup served in tiny espresso cups with chopped scallops in it. Then came pate with lots of crusty bread - i shared that with everyone The pate had foie gras in it. And then my mains were one is mushroom gatueau - to die for if you are a mushroom fan, and then veal trio, and desserts I shared it with my husbad, abd they were so kind to plate it out separately.

Overall it is an experience to go there - this is my top most favourite experience in dining - to top it - I know many of the staff there who always make my evening memorable.

The dishes are nouveau and well presented.
I will keep you all guessing and only add phot of breads they offer!!!- mind you they are all miniature!!!!

Address: ground floor Shangri la hotel Jalan Sultan Ismail
Price Comparison: most expensive
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 0
Theme: French

• Written Jan 8, 2003

Audrey118 Lives Here!

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?