"NASCAR Racing" Fort Worth Sports & Outdoors Tip by 1Nomad

Fort Worth Sports & Outdoors: 10 reviews and 7 photos

Have you ever been to a race track? We went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway a couple of years ago. That is a great race track in itself. So is Charlotte. Texas Motor Speedway is also destined to become one of the greats. It's located about 19 miles due north of Fort Worth off of I-35 W at Hwy 114 (northwest corner of the intersection). I have a relative who knows a lot about the track and usually the track will have some type of event 340 out of 360 days a year. If it's not racing of some kind, then there are concerts or other type of events. Here at the track, NASCAR tickets (if bought legally and early) can be found from $60 for less desirable seating to much more. Actually, I have not found a real bad seat anywhere. The NASCAR event has to be one of the largest though. We went two years ago and sat in a crowd of about 260,000. We were all elbow to elbow and I gaurantee you, no one complained about anything. Plan to spend 2 hours getting to the track before the race and 5 to 6 hours just to get out to the freeway afterwards. Since we were locals, we only had to spend about 4 hours reaching a side road and shortcut home. Most people can expect a lot worse. If you go to the track while there's no race, take the tour. Tours are $6 US for adults and $4 US for seniors or kids under 12. It's we'll worth it. While your driving around the track, be sure to take the outside seat. You'll figure out why when you make the turns. If you want to try your hand at driving a race car, they also have that available as well. Maybe you just want to leave the driving to someone else. That's available too (at 160 mph). Have fun!

Equipment: Jackets are a must in the winter. It can get cold. Otherwise, no special gear (unless you have a team favorite).

Address: Hwy 114 and I-35W
Directions: Northwest corner of the intersection. You won't have trouble seeing it!
othercontact: (817) 215-8565
Phone: (888) 816-TMS1
Theme: Sports Watching

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

More Sports & Outdoors in Fort Worth (1)

1Nomad's Related Pages

1Nomad Lives Here!

“Make your travel fun!”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Fort Worth?