"Favorite locations" Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth Tip by 1Nomad

Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth, Fort Worth: 224 reviews and 8 photos

If you've never stayed at a Country Inn before, this is a 8 on a scale of 10 to me. But it also depends upon your taste. We love the country look. If we can find one of these Inns when we travel, we stay there first. It's the closest thing to a bed and breakfast without the old house. Rates are usually reasonable. I think the last time we were at one, we spent about $80 US for a couple. The ammenities are great, the breakfast is usually free (continental) and they are usually in safe locations. Here in Fort Worth (although I have not stayed in either one) there are at least two. Of the two, one is located on I-35 West at North Side Drive. It's located about 1 1/2 miles north of downtown Fort Worth. Great, quick access to the downtown area. As for the other, it is located in North Richland Hills off of Loop 820 between Holiday Lane and Rufe Snow. Both locations have fantastic restaurants within walking distance (at least for dinner). Breakfast and luch, you'll definitely need to look elsewhere. The one off of I-35 will be very close to the Stockyards area, Downtown (where there are some great restaurants and bars), the Zoo, antique malls, museums, and theaters. If you stay at the one on the north side of Fort Worth at Loop 820, once again you'll be convenient for shopping, the airport, and lots of entertainment. It's about 12 miles Northeast of downtown. I believe there may also be one in the Arlington area. See the website for more details.

Unique Qualities: The rooms are generally larger than your Motel 8 or Days Inn. I have never found one that wasn't clean and quiet. Room rates are reasonable, the pools are usually warm and the breakfast will get you started. Interior lobby areas are large and open. Decor always has a look of the old country in a modern way. Handrails are a beautiful oak and the colors are generally hunter green and maroon.

Address: I-35 at North Side Dr. (2200 Mercado Dr) Ft. Worth
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: or, off Loop 820 (5151 Thaxton Parkway) in North Richland Hills behind Ryan's Steakhouse.
Phone: 817 577-4389 (N. Richland Hills)
Theme: Inn
Website: http://www.countryinns.com

• Updated Jan 7, 2003

Comments

1Nomad's Related Pages

1Nomad Lives Here!

1Nomad

“Make your travel fun!”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Fort Worth?