Castaways: "MM 47.5 Waterfront Restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Castaways Tip by grandmaR

Castaways, Marathon: 3 reviews and 7 photos

One of our friends at Castaway
      One of our friends at Castaway
    by grandmaR
      Collage inside of restaurant and food
      My coconut shrimp
      Bob's shrimp salad
      Other friends
    by grandmaR

This restaurant is Oceanside near some marinas. We took a taxi to it. We enjoyed our meal, although they were planning to close to remodel when we were there. We were seated where we could look out on the canals.

We came back to this restaurant on Wednesday, Dec 2003 - we walked over from the marina this time.

They serve beer and wine and have a children's menu.

Favorite Dish: $37.15 was what we spent for two of us in 2002 including tip.

In 2003, Bob got the shrimp salad, and I got coconut shrimp which included new potatoes and a salad bar. We also got a basket of 'honey buns' which were deep fried bread which were a cross between donuts and hush puppies. The total including tip was $39.22.

The second time we went I got the snapper curry ($20.95) which included a trip to the salad bar, and Bob got the steamed shrimp appetizer for $14.95. The total with tip was just under $50.00

Last time we went I got the snapper Matzalan which is one of their specialties, and it was very good. Another specialty is alligator tail - I haven't had that one.

The second picture (which I did before we were allowed five photos on a tip) shows the interior of the restaurant with the torchiere heaters (as it is cold for Florida now in December). The center bottom inset is my coconut shrimp. The bottom right inset is Bob's shrimp salad, and the top right inset is the salad bar.

Address: 1406 Oceanview Ave. Marathon, FL 33050
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: MM 47.5 (oceanside)
Phone: 305-743-6247
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Seafood

• Updated Aug 2, 2015

grandmaR Used To Live Here!

“" adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Have you been to Marathon?