"Sweet Mushrooms, August 2002" Coffee shops Tip by bakpakchik

Coffee shops, Amsterdam: 50 reviews and 40 photos

Sweet Mushrooms, August 2002
by bakpakchik

Favorite thing: My fascination with mushrooms goes back to seventh grade when I read 'The Purple Pileus' by H.G. Wells. In Brussels, one of the Irish boys at my hostel advised me to try mushrooms in Amsterdam and my seventh-grade craze was reawakened. In Amsterdam, Jill introduced me to mushrooms formally. 'shrooms, shall we say. Mexican, Thai - take your pic. I had Thai the first night - which the guy at the Smart Shop said are supposed to make you contemplative and observant. My contemplation and observation that night comprised mostly of thinking up ways to harass the Japanese tourists that seemed to be walking round in circles.

We pretended to have deep philosophical conversations and make meaningful observations. Lol. The only remotely observational aspect of the evening was noticing that there are two types of people at Dam Sqaure: weird people and normal people acting weird. I don't know how meaningful this observation was, but we sought comfort in putting ourselves in the latter category.

• Written Dec 22, 2002

Comments

bakpakchik

“Ajnabi Sheher Key Ajnabi Raastey .... :)”

Have you been to Amsterdam?