Kofteci Ramiz: "Kofte" Turkey Restaurant Tip by Sharrie

Turkey Restaurants: 224 reviews and 241 photos

Kofte
by Sharrie

Kofte is meatballs! Let's face it, I'll never get used to eating meatballs meal after meal! It's either beef or mutton in Turkey! Well, at least that's the choices we were given on the tour itself. Not much of seafood. Chicken is available but they are all breast meat. I don't like breast meat :-(. So, I was most probably the only person who had either beef or mutton for most of our meals! Frankly, beef in Turkey tastes VERY different from all parts of the world. & I've eaten lots of beef from the world as well. It has a very strong flavor & at times, the Turks even blend it with mutton, especially when it's served as meatballs.

There's only one restaurant we visited that served the best Kofte (as pictured) I've had for my entire trip. That's the restaurant in Aksehir. I specifically ask Burak for the name of the town. Kofteci Ramiz has been serving Kofte since 1928!!! Kofteci restaurants specialise in roasting of Kofte, meatballs of minced (ground) lamb made with savory spices.

If you are a vegetarian, you are in for a treat in Turkey! You'll be delighted to find sumptuous servings of salads with each meal.

Price Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 0
Theme: Local

• Updated Feb 12, 2003

Comments

Sharrie

“Feed that hunger, hike that mountain!”

Have you been to Turkey?