VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"the magic of skye" Isle of Skye Favorite Tip by call_me_rhia

Isle of Skye General: 35 reviews and 44 photos

kyleakin, reflections
by call_me_rhia

Favorite thing: Well, it was not in my plan to go to the Isle of Skye since all the tourists go there. But in a moment of desperation (read: miserable weather) I decided for it and jumped onto the first train there. I got off at the last stop (Kyle of Loclash) and took the bus to Kyleakin, which is just over the bridge and the gateway to Skye. As soon as I arrived there it felt like entering hell's gate. Feeling suicidal I decided to ride on to Portree and the beauty started. Anywhere I looked the scenery appeared to be magnificent and unique.

Fondest memory: Over the next few days the sun shone really hot and I took beautiful hikes in Glendale, visited the McLeod's Dunvegan Castle, went out by boat the view the seals (who appeared to smile and pose for us), hikes a bit in Glendale, and traveled around the northern peninsula, where I enjoyed a most perfect sunset sitting on the edge of a high cliff. Ironically, the day I was to leave Skye, it started to rain again.

• Written Dec 12, 2002

More General in Isle of Skye (1)

Comments

call_me_rhia

“... traveling is not a destination ...”

Have you been to Isle of Skye?