"Doolin Ferries" Kilronan Favorite Tip by Krumlovgirl

Kilronan Favorites: 3 reviews and 3 photos

Cliffs of Moher
by Krumlovgirl

Favorite thing: Be warned that the ferry ride is a little rough at times to Inishere from Doolin. I have seen people get sick many times, and have even gotten woozy myself. The best advice that I have is stay on top and not go down below deck. It might be more appealing at first to go inside, especially if it?s raining outside, but in the long run I think you?ll wish you hadn?t. The ventilation isn?t great downstairs and it can get stuffy. On some of the boats it even smells funny.

Fondest memory: Once when I was taking the ferry back from Inishere, it was so foggy that you could barely see your hand in front of your face. It was also raining so everyone was below deck, getting sick. I stayed up on the top and was the only person braving the weather. Everything was solid white and I couldn't even see where we were going. Then, all of a sudden, the fog lifted for about two seconds and straight in front of me were the Cliffs of Moher. It was so eerie, and they were so beautiful. Then, the fog came back up and they disappeared again.

• Written Dec 12, 2002

More Favorites in Kilronan (1)

Comments

Krumlovgirl

“I dream of a better tomorrow when chickens can cross the road without having their movtives questioned.”

Have you been to Kilronan?