Wildfire: "River North-Steak without a big price tag" Top 5 Page for this destination Wildfire Tip by Dabs

Wildfire, Chicago: 5 reviews and 6 photos

Horseradish crusted filet

Horseradish crusted filet
      French onion soup
    by Dabs

Last visit: April 10, 2010, downtown location, December 2014, Lincolnshire location

This is a good place to go with any size group. I've been to a company holiday party at the Oakbrook location and it was an excellent place to host a larger group of people. I've also been to the Chicago, Schaumburg and Lincolnshire locations and the quality and service are excellent at each.

The downtown location is very busy, it's essential to have reservations on the weekend which you can make on Open Table, if you have a large party, you must call to reserve. The interior is all wood and leather and you can see into the oven where they are spit roasting chickens. It can be a little noisy when there are large groups so I wouldn't come here if you are looking for a romantic quiet meal.

Favorite Dish: I always get one of two things either the horseradish crusted filet mignon ($35.95) or the filet medallions that come with a variety of toppings, I have tried parmesean and bearnaise in addition to the horseradish, all are delicious. The french onion soup is also good, the bowl ($7.95) is a sizable portion so I split it with my husband if he's with me or you can order a cup ($4.95). And unlike other steak places in Chicago, the steak does not come totally ala carte, all steaks come with a choice of potatoes or vegetables, I like the au gratin potatoes that you can get with dinner.

They bring by a dessert tray with a wide variety of decadent looking desserts which I try to make sure I save room for, the full portion is big enough to share or you can order a 1/2 order, the chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream and whipped cream is delicious.

If you have a party of 6 or more, you can do a family style menu choosing 2 options from each of the categories-appetizer, salad, entree and dessert for about $30 per person, a good deal if you can get the whole group to agree to 2 items in each of the categories, alas, we could not.

One thing I really like about Wildfire is that the price tag is affordable and they don't have portion sizes that are enough to feed a family of four. Steak is something that I don't really like taking home for leftovers and if you are traveling, you'll waste it anyway.

Address: 159 W. Erie
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Also has locations in the Chicago suburbs-Oak Brook at Oak Brook Center mall, Lincolnshire, Schaumburg near Woodfield Mall and Glenview
Phone: 312-787-9000
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse
Website: http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/

• Updated Jan 3, 2015

Comments

Dabs Lives Here!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Chicago?