"Karlskirche" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlskirche - St Charles Church Tip by globetrott
Karlskirche - St Charles Church, Vienna: 101 reviews and 193 photos
Karlskirche is certainly one of the most beautiful baroque churches in Vienna and besides the times of church-service it is used as a museum and you have to pay an entrance-fee in order to see the great works of art there.
On the other hand there are construction-works going on there at the moment and a giant construction including a lift takes up visitors and restaurators to the very top of the church - a unique possibility to see these great works of art from a short distance !! Photography only without flash or tripod !!
Karlskirche was constructed by Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, who was also the architect of Schoenbrunn and Palais Trautson. The frescos in the dome were made by Johann Michael Rottmayer in 1725, showing the glory of holy Karl Borromäus, that is where the name Karls-Kirche comes from.
mondays-fridays 07.30a.m. - 07.00p.m.,
saturday it opens at 08.30 and sunday at 09.00a.m.
Address: Karlsplatz 1
Directions: The next U-bahn-station is Karlsplatz - from there it is just about 300 meters to the church !
Phone: +43 1 5046187
More Things to Do in Vienna (38)
More Reviews (163)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels