TAX FREE FOR TOURISTS stores: "SAVE UP TO 22%" Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Shopping Tip by matcrazy1
Krakow Shopping: 180 reviews and 248 photos
Souvenirs, gifts, local craft and other goods are inexpensive, distinctive, and frequently hand-crafted in Krakow.
You can claim back the VAT (22% in most cases) on your purchases over 200 PLN (about 50$) if you have an address in your passport outside Poland (= including double citizenship tourists-Polish + foreign).
And only if you buy items in shops with the mark: TAX FREE FOR TOURISTS or just TAX FREE (there are many :-). And if your TOTAL bills exceed 200 PLN (NOT a single bill). And only if you give (ask for it) the refund cheque - it contains your name (from your passport).
On leaving Poland, present your shopping at customs and the cheque will be stamped. You can then reclaim the VAT you have paid at:
- the Global Refund office in your home country (during next 4 months - list on page: www.globalrefund.com );
- at the PBK Bank at Krakow (Balice) Airport;
- when you come back to Poland (during next 4 months or - not for sure - even later); Global Refund Poland has refund points at all major border crossings, at airports, on ferries leaving Poland to Sweden and Denmark. - look for (ask) TAX REFUND marks.
More Shopping in Krakow (28)
More Reviews (324)
- See All 3-star, family run hidden gem of Krakow!
- See All Great US friends and Polish food :-)
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All On bicycle
- See All Strange ship
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels