"Arik Brauer Haus - Gumpendorfer Straße" Top 5 Page for this destination Art Nouveau - Jugendstil Tip by globetrott
Art Nouveau - Jugendstil, Vienna: 55 reviews and 144 photos
The Arik Brauer Haus in Gumpendorferstraße is another example of contemporary Viennese architecture.The house with the colorful fassade is situated at the end of Gumpendorferstraße / Gürtel. It shows great mosaiques and painted tyles designed by Arik Brauer, one of the famous Viennese painters of the school of the so-called "Phantastic Realism "
You may recognize paintings by Arik Brauer easily by his own special style and in my opinion his architecture is better that Hundertwasser's - but that is my personal opinion and most tourists in Vienna will never see this building.
Arik-Brauer-Haus is a private appartement-house and may be seen only from outside.
Address: end of Gumpendorfer Straße at Guertel
Directions: Arik-Brauerhaus is just 300 meters off the " Gürtel " get by U6 to station " Gumpendorfer Straße " and walk 300 meters to the east !
More Things to Do in Vienna (38)
More Reviews (163)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels