"climb up St.Stephens / Stephansdom" Top 5 Page for this destination churches Tip by globetrott
churches, Vienna: 56 reviews and 174 photos
climb up the small spiral staircase of St. Stepens Cathedral - the stairs are just 80 cm wide and are the same for up & down Unfortunately the spire is under repair at the moment and so the view is a bit restricted at some places. I made a red dot on the pic, in order to show, how high the " Turmstube " - the small " room with a view " is situated.
The " Room with a view " offers a souvenirshop and 4 large windows to look out and this room was used for various purposes in the past :
It was a watch-tower in order to see enemies approaching Vienna
and until 1950 it also was used to watch out day and night for fire anywhere in Vienna
More Off The Beaten Path in Vienna (45)
More Reviews (156)
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All Palais Liechtenstein
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels