"Rental Car Budget Tips" Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Transportation Tip by Weissdorn
Germany Transportation: 321 reviews and 292 photos
A car is still one of the most versatile and economical forms of transportation in Europe.
First of all, if you are going to rent a car, I recommend that you choose the most economical diesel you can find. At the moment fuel costs 4.49 US$ per gallon for gasoline (1.03 ?/liter) and 3.74 US$ per gallon for diesel (0.93 ?/liter), which is mid-range-priced compared to the rest of Europe.
I recommend something like a VW Lupo turbo diesel, because it will offer you the following advantages:
- It only consumes 3-4 liters / 100 km, despite how fast you drive it.
- You can drive up to 170 kmph on the Autobahn (106 mph)
- You can park it in any small space in the city.
- It's in the lower day price range on the agency list.
Shop in Internet before you you rent your car in Germany. Seldom are the package prices from your travel agent less than the ones you book yourself.
Remember, the longer period you book, the better your choices will be, and the more you will save.
Here are some good addresses for shopping and comparing. Sometimes a major rental agency will have a better prices than no-names, because it depends on the length of your trip (in days and in kilometers).
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Transportation in Germany (18)
More Reviews (88)
- See All Going Through "Red" is Better Than...
- See All Bueckeburg - The Magic Kingdom of...
- See All I Need A Place to Crash - But Not the...
- See All Oktoberfest in Munich
- See All Who said you can't drink the water?
- See All Fishing in Germany - Getting a License
Weissdorn's Related Pages
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels