"Naturally, it's the lobsters..." Maine Favorite Tip by Cabana_Boy

Maine General: 115 reviews and 142 photos

The aftermath at Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier
by Cabana_Boy

Favorite thing: Obivously, Maine is known the world over for its lobsters; and, I'd like thank whatever poor _ _ _ _ _ _ _ was hungry enough to figure out that those little _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s could be eaten from the bottom of my heart (or stomach as it would seem).

For all the time that I have spent in Maine while living in Boston, I have narrowed my favorite places for lobster down to two places, Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier along the Southern Maine Coast and Thurston's on Mount Desert Island in the Downeast/Acadia region. Now, for the record, I will feast on those little _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s just about anywhere in Maine, those two places are my hands down favorite.

Fondest memory: One of my favorite memories of eating lobsters in Maine was back in May of 2001. My trusty travel companion Action Jimmy and I were heading to Prague for a couple weeks with a scheduled 6pm departure from Boston's Logan Airport. AJ was living in Indianapolis at the time and had just flown into Boston late the night before our departure.

Well, needless to say, we wanted to make the most of his 18 hour stay in New England. So, on the day of our departure, we drove up to Kittery Point to have lobsters for lunch at Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier and made it back to Boston just in time for our flight to Europe...with stomachs full of lobster!

• Updated Dec 5, 2002

“When the chips are down, buffalo move on...”

Have you been to Maine?