"Traffic Restrictions" Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Warnings Or Dangers Tip by matcrazy1
Krakow Warnings and Dangers: 108 reviews and 94 photos
Krakow is a modern and busy city of considerable size, so the rush-hour traffic jams have become common, nevertheless there seems to be much less congestion here than in most cities in the world.
The area of Krakow?s Historic City Center is divided into 3 zones of limited parking/driving:
1. strefa A (zone A) is a strictly pedestrian precinct: off limits to motor vehicles save police, ambulance, etc., diplomats, and supplies in set hours.
2. strefa B (zone B) is off limits to motor vehicles save police, ambulance, etc., diplomats, taxis, guests of the hotels in the area, locals, and supplies in set hours.
3. strefa C (zone C) is open to traffic but parking in the street is paid here between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. on weekdays.
The above areas are signed by big road signs. Hmm... the streets are cut into C and A/B zones - if you wish to drive (= be in C) you must drive a little crazy in real labirynth of streets. Every 50-100 m you must turn to omit A/B zones.
The strict Old Town (inside Planty garden circle) contains zone A mainly, some areas of zone B and very little of zone C.
Map of zones: follow the link below.
More Reviews (331)
- See All 3-star, family run hidden gem of Krakow!
- See All Great US friends and Polish food :-)
- See All Famous honey cakes from Torun
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All On bicycle
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels