"By a car to Krakow" Top 5 Page for this destination By car Tip by matcrazy1
By car, Krakow: 12 reviews and 12 photos
Krakow is located on the crossword of the two international roads:
1. west-east E-40: Calais (France) - Brussels (Belgium) - Dresden (Germany) - Wroclaw (Poland) - Krakow - Rzeszow (Poland) - Lvov - Kiev (Ukraine);
2. north-south E-77: Gdansk - Warsaw - Krakow - Ruzomberok (Slovakia) - Budapest (Hungary)
There is a comfortable toll highway westwards of Krakow to Katowice (road A-4 = E-40). You must pay 5 PLN at the entrance toll gate and the next 5 PLN at the exit toll gate (for a car, 1Euro=1US$=4 PLN - approx.) driving to/from Katowice.
The road to Warsaw (E-77) is sometimes jammed and not so comfortable; there is no highway to/from Warsaw, just "normal" road full of trucks some of which are too old to be used, I suppose = too slow :-(((.
A little better (with additional lanes at some segments) is road eastwards towards Rzeszow (E-40).
To the south (direction Chyzne=border crossing point to Slovakia or Zakopane) there is the dual divided carriageway to Myslenice (about 30 km = 19 mi) and then "normal" mountaineous road = slow traffic and hazardeous overtaking of slow trucks.
Attention: entry to Krakow on Sunday afternoon and evening from south and east, seldom from west/north in summer (June-August) maybe complitely jammed - sometimes it can take even more then 1-2 hours to get to the city, although there are 3-4 lines in each direction on the suburbs of Krakow; hmm... you must be more patient then trying to use new VT after the relaunch :-).
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (326)
- See All 3-star, family run hidden gem of Krakow!
- See All Great US friends and Polish food :-)
- See All Famous honey cakes from Torun
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All Strange ship
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels