"Pompei - The place most Naples tips are about" Top 5 Page for this destination Day Trip to Pompeii Tip by sargentjeff
Day Trip to Pompeii, Naples: 27 reviews and 37 photos
Okay, so Jeff finally made it to Pompei. I've been meaning to visit for quite some time, but finally did in Nov 2002. I was quite impressed, and all the reading I did prior to the trip really made it more interesting. Bottomline - The people of Pompei were brilliant, and made some extraordinary contributions during their day.
It's better to go during summer months when the ruins are open until 7:30 p.m., as they close at 5:00 during winter months.
Address: Pompei - Um what more can I say
Directions: Take the Tangenziale from Naples, or the circumvesuviana train. Driving, go towards "Costiera Amalfitana". Pompei is past Ercolano, and the ruins are just off the highway after the toll.
More Things to Do in Naples (15)
More Reviews (62)
- See All When it rains it really rains
- See All Pianura - Real Napolitans, real culture
- See All The Tangenziale
- See All Sort of a sport tip, but more for the...
- See All Capodimonte is famous for some...
- See All The "Audio Guide" at Pompei
- See All The inevitable Worker Strike
- See All The taste you'll never forget...
- Packing List
- See All Pinetamare - The Beach in Naples
- See All My favorite nighttime spot
- See All If you're wondering about that...
sargentjeff's Related Pages
Have you been to Naples?Share Your Travels