"My favourite part of the Gold..." Beaches. Tip by Shar

Beaches., Gold Coast: 19 reviews and 22 photos

Favorite thing: My favourite part of the Gold Coast is actually the very bottom of it - Coolangatta Beach. Being just a stones throw from the New South Wales border it is about 20 minutes south of Surfers Paradise (the Gold Coast's 'heart'). Coolie shares its beauty with Greenmount Beach. Both are safe swimming in and you actually have your own breathing space on the beach near the flags.

Fondest memory: Given I've spent my life on these beaches I can't say one such moment, though when I close my eyes (not so easy to type that way!!) I can see the normal sight - a beautiful sandy beach that seems to stretch on forever. The Surfers Paradise area ('Surfers'...notice how we shorten everything - lazy mob huh?) has a beach thats about 42 klms long (don't quote me on that) so for those people who like to run till they reach the end and then turn around...prepare yourself. I walk, stop and stare at the beauty of the wave just rolling in, one after the other. Bizarre concept that. So the best moment is every moment. I don't think I've had a bad one yet. Even when I've run there brimming with tears and a nervous system that could launch a rocket I've walked away serene. Water - my calmer. Screw yoga - go sit on the beach and veg out!!!

• Written Aug 24, 2002

“Live and Love life like there`s no tommorrow”

Have you been to Gold Coast?