"Peggy's Cove" Province of Nova Scotia Things to Do Tip by sim1

Province of Nova Scotia Things to Do: 137 reviews and 270 photos

Lighthouse at Peggy's Cove
by sim1

This lighthouse is one of the most famous lighthouses in the world. The location is really stunning! It is situated on the cliffs of a really pictoresque fishing village : Peggy`s Cove in Nova Scotia, Canada. Because it is so pictoresque it is really flooded with tourists! But I loved my visit here. I didn`t expect I would, I thought I would hate it because it was swamped by the tourists. But when you get on those great big rocks and watch how the sea is banging against the coast, the sheer power of nature, wow! You really have to be impressed! When you don`t like the tourists, just walk a little further on the cliffs. There are not a lot of people that do that, and that way you can enjoy this piece of nature almost by yourself.

The lighthouse is not only so famous because of it`s location, but also because it is a postoffice. And yes, I did it too!!!! I posted my cards from here, LOL. Some of them even went to a couple of VT members. But unlike the postcards the sun wasn`t shining, but we had a thick fog on that day. Maybe this way it was even more beautiful, it really made it all look very spooky and mysterious.

The light is from 1915 and is still operational.

Directions:
Turn south off Route 103 onto Route 333 at Exit 2A or Exit 5. Continue on St. Margaret`s Bay Road for 3 kilometers (1.6 miles). Turn west onto Prospect Road for about 40 kilometers (25 miles) and continue to Peggy`s Cove.

• Updated Feb 21, 2006

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Province of Nova Scotia?