"Groninger Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Groningen Favorite Tip by sim1

Groningen General: 78 reviews and 75 photos

Groningen Museum
by sim1

Favorite thing:
When you cross the road from the station you will see one of the more controversial building of Groningen: "The Groninger Museum". I think you have to love it or hate it. Personally I don't like this building, because I know what it looked like before. The museum is build in the canal and behind the museum there are beautiful historic houses. I always love the view here over the canal looking at those old houses.... sigh, that lies in the past now.

For the collection of the museum applies the same, you either love it or hate it. There is a lot of modern art in this museum, and that is not to everybody's taste. I cannot judge on it, because I have never been inside. I always wanted to go, but never got round to do it. And I lived so close by!!! Hahaha, well, I guess I have to wait until I get another chance to go :-)

Address :
Groninger Museum
Museumeiland 1
9711 ME Groningen
tel : +31 (0)50 3666555

Opening hours :
Open: Tuesday to Sunday and holidays from 10-17.
During the Christmas holidays also open from 13-17 on Monday 20 December, Monday 27 December and Monday 3 January.
Closed: on Mondays, 1 January, 25 December.

• Updated Apr 10, 2005

sim1 Was Born Here!

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Groningen?