The Snackbar: "Do like the Dutch: snack, snack, snack" Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Restaurant Tip by Pavlik_NL
Arnhem Restaurants: 30 reviews and 50 photos
Snackbars, you will find them everywhere. In the citycentre on several streetcorners and in the suburbs always at local shoppingcentres. Yes, it's fastfood and unhealthy, but ... well, it's also easy (fast) and (according to me) deliscious.
Favorite Dish: Snacks, with on top the French Fries, though there actualy is nothing French about them. Legend goes that somewhere in the Southern Lowlands (now Flandres) in the medieval battles a sack of potatoes fell into a kettle of hot oil (to throw on the attacking forces that tried to climb the citywalls). As food during sieges was scarce and valuable, one did everything to get the potatoes out again, which finally succeeded. Fried potatoes were invented!
Furthermore there is an amazing variety of fried snacks in The Netherlands. Kroket, frikandel, nasi/bamischijf, lihanboutje, berehap, bitterbal, kipcorn etc. etc. If you're here and go hungry, stop and try them.
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
Theme: Fast Food
More Restaurants in Arnhem (5)
More Reviews (60)
- See All Dancing the night away
- See All The queen and princess from England (-:
- See All Local products and tourist souvenirs
- See All Cosy small camping in the forest
- See All The natural estates way up North
- See All See the old citycentre by foot
- See All The "Singels", a green circle around the...
- See All Markets in Arnhem
- See All Yet another place you don't want to end...
- See All Swimming in the forest
- Write down: ....
Been to Arnhem?Share your travels with the world!
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Explore the World
- Burg Eltz Hotels
- Vila Real de Santo António
- Anglesborough Hotels
- Bat Yam Hotels
- East Stroudsburg Hotels
- Kostromskaya Oblast'
- County Kerry
- State of Himachal Pradesh
- Long Island
- La Orotava
- Luhuitou Hotels
- Pulau Semakau
- Baltasound Hotels
Have you been to Arnhem?Share Your Travels