"Camping in Germany" Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Favorite Tip by Weissdorn
Germany Favorites: 553 reviews and 476 photos
Favorite thing: Camping in Germany is extremely popular, but is not the sort of camping that you would expect when you see the Camel Adventure Trip advertisement.
There are few places left in Germany that can be considered rugged and wild, and those places that still exist are off-limits for campers, so that these places remain rugged and wild.
Germans like the Dutch perfer caravan (trailer) or motorhome camping - for the sports enthusists they may even have tents. Camping can only be done on designated camping lots, which are often situated near national parks or along lakes or rivers, and usually have sanitary facilities (toilets, showers). You will be expected to pay a small space fee, and there will almost always be a kiosk and a restaurant nearby to supply you with cigarettes, newspapers, draft beer and warm meals.
Fondest memory: Although I don't really like camping in Germany, I do like to go to these out-of-the-way restaurants because the prices are reasonable, the beer is on tap, and you are usually guaranteed a table with a great view of some natural wonder, whether it be the Alps, the Rhine or the Black Forest.
More Reviews (94)
- See All Bueckeburg - The Magic Kingdom of...
- See All I Need A Place to Crash - But Not the...
- See All Oktoberfest in Munich
- See All Beware of Rumanian Begger Children
- See All Who said you can't drink the water?
- See All Fishing in Germany - Getting a License
- See All Computer & Electronic Stores
- See All Getting Around in the Greater Stuttgart...
- Lake Müritz
- Packing for Germany
- See All Like Ice in the Sunshine, I'm Melting...
Been to Germany?Share your travels with the world!
Weissdorn's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4322 Reviews - 10033 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1609 Reviews - 4011 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 951 Reviews - 2159 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1466 Reviews - 3484 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1733 Reviews - 3744 Photos
- Leipzig Hotels
- 515 Reviews - 1102 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1105 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 932 Reviews - 3138 Photos
- Mainz Hotels
- 323 Reviews - 738 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 615 Reviews - 1596 Photos
- Hannover Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 2124 Photos
- Trier Hotels
- 580 Reviews - 1449 Photos
- Flensburg Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos