VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Sand surfing in the Huacachina Dunes" Top 5 Page for this destination Huacachina Things to Do Tip by darthmilmo

Huacachina Things to Do: 11 reviews and 25 photos

Sand surfing in the Huacachina Dunes
by darthmilmo

Sand boarding was a frightening experience my first day, not as frightening with some alcohol in your body as I will learn a few nights later :). Anyways, my first day was frightening. The walk up the sand dune is tiring to say the least, but the view from the desert on top is amazing. I did some practice on a small sand dune on the back, but ended up falling down every time. I ended up sitting down on my board on the way down :). I didn't stand up until I was almost at the end. Interestingly enough, I found out that if you take your fear of falling, sand boarding is an excellent experience. I manage to go down a few times one night under the light of the full moon and after consuming one too many beers. I'm afraid I may have not done it if I had been entirely sober :P.

• Written Feb 25, 2003

Comments

darthmilmo

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

Have you been to Huacachina?