"Get to higher ground!" Top 5 Page for this destination Tsunami Warnings Tip by herzog63
Tsunami Warnings, Kodiak: 4 reviews and 4 photos
If you hear the Tsunami siren anytime except 2:00 PM on Wednesday (which is the test time). Get to ground over the 100 ft level! Sometimes we have false alarms but it is better to be safe than sorry. As the downtown part of Kodiak was wiped out in the 1964 Good Friday earthquake and the Tsunami that followed it!! Kodiak has just installed these new signs to remind people if the situation occurs.
More Warnings and Dangers in Kodiak (11)
More Reviews (92)
- See All Useful Links
- See All Beware of icy and snowy roads in the the...
- See All Fishing in the fog
- See All Fishing from the beach
- See All Bed and breakfast
- See All Lot's of daylight in summer!
herzog63's Related Pages
Have you been to Kodiak?Share Your Travels