"Bank holidays" Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Tourist Trap Tip by ATLC
Netherlands Tourist Traps: 76 reviews and 53 photos
The Netherlands doesn't really know the bank holiday feature.
But there are some extra days which other countries don't have.
Free days for everyone are:
- the Monday after Easter Sunday
- Ascension Day (a Thursday, 5 weeks after Easter)
- the Monday after Pentecost Sunday (10 days after Ascension day)
- 26th of December (2nd Christmas Day)
- New Year's Day
- 30th of April (Queen's Day)
- 5th of May (Liberation Day) every 5th year
Unique Suggestions: Usually a few big shops are open on Easter Monday and Pentecost Monday. Like IKEA and other furniture giants.
Supermarkets will not be open, nor any other local shop.
Usually restaurants and pubs will only be open on reservation.
Fun Alternatives: Before you go anywhere, check to see if a restaurant, museum or park is open.
More Reviews (269)
- See All App for public transportation schedules
- See All Dutch breakfast
- See All What's on in Dutch museums
- See All Pieterpad, long distance walk
- See All Need for private nursing
- See All Group or family accommodation
ATLC's Related Pages
Have you been to Netherlands?Share Your Travels