"Oberes Belvedere" Top 5 Page for this destination Belvedere Palace & Gardens Tip by globetrott
Belvedere Palace & Gardens, Vienna: 182 reviews and 355 photos
Oberes Belvedere was the big palace of Prinz Eugen in the upper part of the park and today it is a museum called "Oesterreichische Gallerie"with some of the most precious paintings by Klimt, Schiele,Kokoschka, Hundertwasser etc.
But of course Oberes Belvedere is also worth seeing for its precious architecture of the various rooms and halls. Normally photography is not allowed inside Oberes Belvedere, but at our National Holiday - October 26th - everything was a bit different, there was an exhibition of 50 years state-treaty with free entry for everyone and nobody cared about me...
I have to admit, that some of the famous Klimt-paintings look better on the souvenir-posters than in reality but of course it was nice to see them in reality. My favorite was the "Portrait of Sonja Knips" by Gustav Klimt - you get the feeling to be able to talk to her !
Address: A-1030 Wien / Prinz-Eugen-Strasse 27
Directions: You will get to Oberes Belvedere by tram #18, #0.Next U-bahn / Metro-station is Suedbahnhof in a distance of ca. 300 meters.
Phone: +43 1 79557134
More Things to Do in Vienna (38)
More Reviews (163)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels